Thursday 19 March 2009

24th February 2009

Weekly Picture Project

To take a portrait of a classmate during the Friday trip to Liverpool Docks and Formby.

I have teamed up with Gemma Clark-Meyer.


Before edit


I upped the contrast and desaturated the image, added a vignette and a used the brush tool to over expose the buildings in the background, slightly more than I'd achieved with the camera.

After edit



I think this treatment suits the environment wonderfully. As for the relation between the photograph and its subject Gemma, I believe it works. Gemma was feeling uninspired by the surroundings at the Docks. She was however still shooting me for my portrait or at least she was trying too. I think I may have been making things slightly difficult, with my uncomfortableness in in front of the camera. She herself isn't at home in front of the camera, so to show her covering her face with her camera is fitting.

No comments: