Sunday 10 May 2009

2nd April 09

Whilst in New York I have been trying to master street photography, unsuccessfully so far. There is one photograph I have taken that in my mind has stood out. It is not great technically, it was a point and shoot quickly situation so my camera wasn't on the right setting, there is also a lot of movement on the face which I'm not happy about. I do however feel it is very Americana. The man in his hockey jersey, starbucks over his shoulder and a limo behind him. He looks very sad and defeated, if you look carefully you can see a sign over his shoulder saying Life Happens. I think it is fitting to his demeanor.



1. 1/160 F5.6 ISO 320. Original image, cropped slightly.

This next photograph was a true shoot from the hip image. I was very disappointed to find I had cut off there feet.



2. 1/160 @ F6.3 ISO 320. Original image cropped slightly.
3. 1/160 @ F6.3 ISO 320. Edited to black and white.

This next image was taken in Coney Island. I liked the fact that there are two couple sat opposite ways, each enjoying there own view and each others company.



4. 1/320 @ F9 ISO 250. Original image cropped slightly>

No comments: